Research Article (some of these double as applied projects)
- Use my paper on revitalizing rural communities and retaining youth that I will be presenting in Oct. This will cover finance, economics, and computer science.
- Do research of various companies and model their financials. This would cover finance and economics
- Do in depth research on a single company and determine whether someone should invest in it. This would cover finance and economics.
- Create a research article on pharmacology, drug interaction, and drug development. This would cover nursing, chemistry, and mathematics.
- Create a research article on the pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics of a drug a company is creating and determine whether it will be successful or not. This would cover nursing, chemistry, and finance.
Applied Project (some of these double research articles)
- Create a video series showing someone with no experience in finance or investing how to invest and model company’s financials. A lot of people are not familiar with how to invest and want to learn how to. I could post it on Youtube for free or a website like Udemy which offers courses at discounted prices, or both.
- Create and application in R that does everything or part of what is mentioned above. Instead of teaching it creates something that can do it for them. This could be very useful and worth money if offered at a discounted price. It would be very challenging an I’m unsure if it’s something I could really do in one semester. I started doing this during the summer and realized I needed more computer science experience
- Create a universe of understanding drugs, their chemistry, mechanism of action, generics…ect in excel that I and others can use to invest in biotech and pharma companies. I’ve already started to do part of this in my own time.
- Create a website that provides someone with the important information behind the drugs that companies are making and give a person easier access to said information.
- Create a combination of a website and application that will allow the average person to invest with diversification and remain factor neutral. Apply quantitative investing strategies and offer free opensource financial models. Eventually this could take all of the parts mentioned above and put them all onto this website/application/software.